How do I care for my TerraPan?
- Protection: Cases are wise to use for travel and transporting your instrument, but it should never be left in a closed case for extended amounts of time because this can trap in moisture.
- Storage: Wall mounts are a great solution for storing your instrument indoors. There are many options online and in hardware stores.
- Clean: If they get dirty (or sticky) you can clean them with 90+% isopropyl alcohol, followed by oil.
- Oil: TerraPans, like other handpans, need to be oiled regularly (once every few weeks to few months, depending on your climate and conditions). If you are visiting beaches, caves, or any areas with high salt content in the air, you may consider oiling before and after playing a pan there. We recommend using Frog Lube or coconut oil.
- Temperature: Avoid playing your TerraPan directly in the sun for more than a few minutes. Heat makes the metal softer, which makes it easier to bend the pitch out of tune. If the pan is hot when you take it out of the case, let it rest in the shade for a few minutes before playing. The metal is thin so it heats up and cools off quickly.